Ten Shots to Shoot…
…or the importance of a shot list.
One thing that can have a positive impact on your street photography is a shot list. Know what you are looking for. Here are 10 things I keep on my list.
- Wrinkly faces and plain backgrounds
- Angry animals (but they have to be looking at the camera!)
- Street food stalls
- Small bits of people in negative space
- Bikes and people on them (preferably overloaded)
- People passing me, shot at a slow shutter speed
- Alleyways ending and people passing.
- Shadows and reflections
Here are some examples. Have fun and keep clicking!
Use negative space to make an impact.
Be careful shooting operations which are obviously dodgy. Be very discrete!
Make sure animals look at the camera for maximum effect.